How to hire the right DJ for your private party in 5 steps
1. Zero in on a budget for the DJ. Most DJs have a special rate for private events. This is the first way to filter in on a choice.
2. Choose the most popular genre of music your guests would prefer. Then approach the DJ who plays the same.
3. Take referrals from your friends or your past experiences. You do not want a unknown DJ ruining the special day.
4. After zeroing in on a DJ, brief him clearly on the music/theme of the evening. Make sure of the number of hours he can spin.
5. Special song requests must be made in advance. Most DJs oblige to play a special request for private events, if on his playlist.